H1049 One Day Tuk Tuk Adventure with elephant care and bamboo rafting
Price From : 4,800 Baht 5,000 Baht
On this day tour, you will get to drive your very own tuk-tuk for the day! the day's tuk-tuk driving will also be combined with some elephant interaction and care at one of the area's most ethical elephant camps and some bamboo rafting to finish!
A tuk-tuk ride should be on everyone's bucket list while visiting Thailand! But how about getting behind the "wheel" of your own tuk-tuk? That would be fantastic, wouldn't it? On this Tuk Tuk Tours, you will drive your own tuk-tuk (YES! Drive it yourself) on the road and into the hills in the beautiful Mae Wang district. Your tuk-tuk adventure will begin when you are picked up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transported to the Mae Wang Tuk Tuk Tours driver training site. Before introducing you to the Tuk Tuks, your guide will give you an overview of the day's events. Because you are unlikely to have any prior experience driving a tuk-tuk, the guide will teach you the fundamentals before allowing you to take the wheel. You'll be urged to drive around the practice field until you're at ease. It will be time to take the road when everyone is ready! The roads in Mae Wang are peaceful, gorgeous, and weave their way through the hills and villages, making them perfect for first-time riders to get used to their little machines while taking in the beautiful landscape. Our first stop of the day will be at a local shrine and temple, where we will be able to climb to the top of the pagoda and take in the breathtaking views of the Mae Wang Valley. The journey will continue with a stop at a small rural temple before arriving at the elephant camp. We'll spend a couple of hours visiting one of the area's most ethical elephant camps, so the day won't just be about driving your tuk-tuk. Before being introduced to the joyful elephants, you will be served a delicious and satisfying meal. You'll be able to get up and personal with these beautiful creatures at this camp before leading them to the river for a wash. Bring your swimwear if you want to participate in their bath time! Following our elephant activities, you'll get the opportunity to try your hand at bamboo rafting. You will be able to go on an enjoyable trip on simple bamboo rafts. Relax and take in the sights. Grab a pole to assist the rafting pilot in guiding the bamboo raft down the Win-River. After our bamboo rafting activities, it will be time to board our tuk-tuks and return to tuk-tuk HQ, and be driven back to your Chiang Mai hotel at the conclusion of the day.
Important information - please read before booking:
What driving experience do I need?
- All travellers who wish to drive a Tuk Tuk MUST have a driving license from their own country (manual gear) and ideally an International License (particularly for those whose Driving License is not in English)
- Please let us know if you are not used to driving a MANUAL vehicle before your trip – we do have a limited number of AUTOMATIC Tuk Tuks
- No previous Tuk Tuk driving experience is necessary!
Can I book on my own / can I take a whole Tuk Tuk?
- Each Tuk Tuk is shared by up to 3 people who will then share the driving meaning that you get the best of both worlds – time behind the wheel and also time to take in the stunning surrounding and enjoy the breezes in the back seat.
- We actively encourage solo travellers to book this trip – what better way to meet and make friends than sharing time behind the wheel of one of Thailand’s most famous icons.
Ask a question about this tour >>
- Pick up in Chiang Mai 07:45
- Drive to Mae Wang
- Introduction and driver training
- Drive tuk-tuks
- Visit pagoda and temple
- Visit the elephant camp
- Elephant feeding
- Walk with elephants to the river
- Bath elephants
- Bamboo rafting
- Drive the tuk-tuks back to the training ground
- Transfer back to Chiang Mai at 18:00
Deposit to secure booking
Balance to pay on the tour
|Adult (and child above 130cm)||4,800 Baht||800 Baht||4,000 Baht|
|Child and passenger||4,800 Baht||800 Baht||4,000 Baht|
This tour includes:
- Licensed English speaking guide
- All listed activities
- Driver training
- Transport to Mae Wang by seated and covered pick up
- Elephant and bamboo rafting activities
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
- Accident Insurance
Guaranteed daily group departures - 2 personThis tour is guaranteed to depart daily if there is a minimum of two persons booked. If you are a solo traveller then please feel free to make a booking. In the rare event no others are booked on this tour then we will notify you two days before the tour offering you a full refund or alternative programme.
We guarantee our rates are the lowest on the web! We guarantee the lowest rates for all our partner activities too! Find a cheaper rate for the same programme and we will beat that price!
Group Join in Tour
You will join a group of up to 13 persons.
Operated By Partner operator
This tour is operated by a specialist operator and not operated by Travel Hub
1. You must be of 18 years of age
2. You must be a competent driver of a manual transmission type car.
3. You must hold a valid driving license for your own country (or an international driving license)
4. You will need to show your license to the operators before the tour starts
Elephants feature on this tour please read the following information: